In line with the Government Guidelines providing a safe environment for our customers, retailers and employees is our priority. When you visit The Brunel you will notice there have been some changes made to the Shopping Centre to ensure you can shop safely.
What we are doing at The Brunel:
- We have enhanced our cleaning regime across the high touch points in the Shopping Centre
- Throughout the Shopping Centre you will see signage advising you to maintain the 2m social distancing, wash your hands regularly and for 20 seconds and limiting the use of lifts, stairs and escalators.
- The Brunel Shopping Centre is complying with the NHS Track & Trace System, with QR codes on all of our entrances. When visiting The Brunel please scan the code on your phone on arrival
- You may be asked to queue when a store reaches capacity, or you may be asked to waiting in our designated waiting areas or to come back later.
- There is reduced use of the Public Toilet Facilities to ensure 2m social distancing can be followed. We have enhanced the cleaning of our Public Toilets and they may be closed for limited times during the day to allow for a deep clean. The toilets are open 09:30 – 16:00 daily.
- Lifts will be limited to one person or one visitor group at a time.
- You will be asked to observe social distancing on stairs and escalators staying 4 steps away.
- Mall Seating has been removed across the Shopping Centre and The Crossing.
- Some retailers will only be accepting card payments.
- To ensure the safety of our customers, retailers and employees we may at times have to limit the number of people in the Shopping Centre and restrict access when we get busy.
In line with Government Guidelines from the 24th July it is compulsory to wear a face covering in shops. Please be considerate and wear your face covering when visiting The Brunel.
Face Coverings may reduce the spread of coronavirus, we would like to remind you to also continue to follow our other guidelines in place for social distancing, hand washing and use of stairs, lifts and escalators.
Some of our shoppers may be exempt from wearing a face covering, this includes;
- Young children under the age of 11
- Due to a physical or mental illness or impairment, or disability
- To eat or drink, but only if you need to
- If a police officer or other official requests you remove your face covering
A full list of exemptions and other guidelines around the wearing of face coverings can be found at https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/face-coverings-when-to-wear-one-and-how-to-make-your-own/face-coverings-when-to-wear-one-and-how-to-make-your-own
Not all of our retailers are able to reopen under the current Government Guidelines. We advise that you check with individual retailers their opening days and times when you are planning your shopping trip, as there may be some variations.
To support you shop safely please see a list below of our retailers:
Marks and Spencer’s Food hall
Holland and Barrett
White Horse Opticians
Go Gym Stuff
Broccoli Pizza & Pasta
Greggs Havelock and Canal Walk
Indy’s Vegan Kitchen
Click and Collect:
The Incredible Comic Shop
The Entertainer Swindon
The Perfume Shop
The Fragrance Shop